OVRLOD is a digital production house providing front end and technical services. Our primary goal is to provide reliable, high quality and cost effective services for digital production. We work behind the scenes to deliver any kind of digital work from banner & website development through to complex and business critical web application solutions.
OVRLOD is Impact Proximity’s outsourcing unit and currently services a number of Omnicom agencies in the Middle East and Europe, and is based in Karachi, Pakistan.
We are on the prowl for a talented Flash / Interactive Developer – truly ambidextrous when it comes to the creative use of logic and scripting as well as being able kick life into designs via the eye-catching use of motion. Lean & mean is the name of the game. We think fast, prototype fast, and need to code fast to keep up. What you need is solid real-world experience in the Swiss-army knives of the web world.
- Work closely with Flash designers and creatives to come up with nifty ideas for web sites, online advertising, games and mobile.
- Maintain high coding standards and practices and exercise quality control on all aspects of Flash development.
- Draft functional and technical specification documents.
- Allow your own self-motivation to inspire your experimental side, and that of others in the team.
- Nurture junior members of the team, introducing them to your skillset without completely blinding them (making their eyes sting a little is fine).
- Creating Flash that makes you, the team and clients feel proud.
- 2+ years experience in a digital production environment working with OOP Flash ActionScript 2.
- Expert knowledge of Flash animation techniques using both the timeline and programmatic motion.
- A keen interest in experimental AS3 and PaperVision3D.
- Solid knowledge of integrating Flash with server-side applications whether it is via the use of XML or web services.
- More than comfortable with industry standard applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of After Effects is a bonus.
- Keen problem solver able to cut through logic like a hot knife through butter.
- But not keen with sticking to the norm – a desire to experiment and push the boundaries is a must.
- Solid understanding of web production & quality assurance processes.
If you are interested in this position, please send in your CV along with link(s) to your portfolio to mnawaz [at] gmail [dot] com.